1. Enjoy the view. That moment when you get to finally just sit down and look out the window at the world and not have to think about anything other than what you see... yeah learn to appreciate that time while you have it.
2. Learn to say no. Don't let others push you away from your own morals and standards.
3. Go out and experience what college has to offer. Live your life saying "oh well" rather than "what if".
4. Use your time wisely. Spend more time on the important things.
5. Call your mom. She misses you, even though she may tell you every time that she doesn't.
6. Don't have expectations. If you come to college with certain expectations, you'll only be disappointed and let down when things don't turn out the way you thought they would.
7. Be resilient. College is tough. Don't whine and complain about how hard everything is. Tell yourself that you can do it and grind it out.
8. On the other hand, it is also ok to cry sometimes. Everyone has bad days.
9. Stay positive. Everyone enjoys being around positive people who will understand and listen to their problems, but don't be the person who complains constantly. No one likes that person.
10. Meet new people and try new things. College is the time to figure out who you are and the person you want to be. Don't be afraid to expand your comfort zone. You'll never know who you might meet, or what you might like if you isolate yourself to only the people and things your comfort zone.